At the time of his death in 1877 Wilhelm Kralik (1806-1877) had acquired no less than seven glassworks collectively operating under the name Meyr’s Neffe. Kralik developed innovative techniques and processes which were to be widely adopted in glass making in years to come. The early 1880 s saw the dispersal and division of the glassworks by his four sons. The Kaltenbach and Fransensthal works were sold. Meyr’s Neffe continued with the Adolfshutte, Idahutte and Louisenhutte glasshouses run by Karl and Hugo Kralik, whilst Heinrich and Johann operated the Eleonorahutte and Ernshutte works. These latter two glass manufacturies were amalgamated by Heinrich Kralik (1840-1911) on the retirement of Johann and became known as Wilhelm Kralik Sohne, finally closing down during the early 1940s war years.
Image Copyright © Fumio Sawa Fine Art, 2014. All Rights Reserved